Wednesday, May 18, 2011

My Head, My Costco, and My God

Sometimes the craziness gets the best of me. Sometimes I get sucked into the ideas my head keeps feeding me like your house isn't clean enough, finish that project or you are no good, you need to spend more time teaching the boys, loving the boys, playing with the boys, you need to work harder, do more, accomplish more, eat less, work out more, learn better grammar, love God more, stop wasting time on that blog...etc. When I can't fight back the crazies I go out shopping or I go out to eat or I go to the park or I go to the zoo or I go to Costco. I think the constant going out has been what's making Alex crazy at Costco. We are always on the go and rarely do we stop to just play or hang out together. I had another Costco adventure that I couldn't even write here since it was just another repeat of the last adventures. Soon, they won't let me shop there.
My goal this summer is to spend time with my own head and stop running from it. I have nothing on my calendar for next week and it kills me but I know it will be good for me. I am ready to stop running and start focusing on God, my purpose, my husband, and my kids hearts (not their abilities). I am ready to get stop worrying about me and start living in reality. My reality is so amazing that when I live in it, I wonder why I ever choose to go back to the worrying.
If I am always on the go then I am always running from my thoughts and I am unable to hear God's small voice saying, "Stop it, sit down, and be at peace with me." I hear it today and I am planning on hearing it tomorrow too.
Matthew 11:28-30 has been on my fridge for a while and I am just now starting to really take it in.
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

3 comments:

Kristy said...

LOVE this Mary! I am such a thinker...er,um over-thinker if I am honest and if I don't have time to settle down I go crazy too. The thoughts don't stop, I just have no time to process and pray and that's when Satan starts turning them into lies. Love your honesty!

The States said...

that is my all time favorite verse! I have it written down everywhere...such amazing truth!

The States said...

that's my all time favorite verse! whenever i get ahead of myself and need to get back to the basics of life and God i always think of this verse. It's such a great promise!